1. 任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Answer:Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote.
2. 每学期开学前，这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship)
Answer:A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester.
3. 遵照医生的建议，我决定戒烟。(on the advice of)
Answer:On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking.
4. 公园位于县城的正中央。(be located in)
Answer:The park is located right in the center of town.
Answer:The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire.
1. 他们花了多年的时间寻找内心的平静，但是收效甚微。(search for)
Answer:They spent many years searching for peace of mind, but with little success.
2. 这种新药的成功研制已经使许多疾病的治疗发生了根本性的变革。(revolutionize) Answer:The successful development of the new drug has revolutionized the treatment of many diseases.
3. 由于这个国家的经济不景气，这家公司濒于破产。(on the edge of)
Answer:The company is on the edge of bankruptcy due to the economic depression in the country.
4. 大学毕业后他成为了一名护士。他认为护士这一职业可能很有发展前途。(rewarding) Answer:He became a nurse after college. He thought nursing could be a very rewarding career.
5. 他像往常一样在文件上签了名。(just as)
Answer:He signed his name on the paper just as he has always done it.
1. 警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。(fill out)
Answer:The policemen are busy fi lling out forms about the accident.
2. 我想在还车之前把油箱加满。(fill up, fuel tank)
Answer:I want to fi ll up the fuel tank before returning the car.
3. 如果你要投诉，最好遵循正确的程序。(follow the procedure)
Answer:If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure.
Answer:We couldn’t have fi nished the experiment so soon without John’s help.